What to Expect During a Plumbing Inspection
As most of us may know, it’s easy to fall behind home maintenance, from plumbing to electrical and HVAC and appliances. There’s a lot to take care of as a homeowner, which is why many people only fix things until it’s broken. To ensure appliances in your home run smoothly and to also save you from extra costs incurred due to breakdowns, you need to be aware of different systems in your home and how they’re functioning. To do this, you can schedule a plumbing inspection by a Fox Valley plumbing company at least once a year. Below, we explain what to expect during a plumbing inspection.
Why Are Plumbing Inspections Important?
While you can perform these inspections on your own, having a professional inspect your home has various benefits. First and foremost, you can rely on the expertise and experience of a Fox Valley plumber from Tureks Plumbing Services to locate and fix any problems that your plumbing system has.
Additionally, hiring a professional to perform a plumbing inspection for your system means that you don’t have to do it yourself. That way, you can spend your Saturday relaxing after a long week instead of housework. Having a professional inspection done also makes sure that all issues, both big and small, are fixed, from having your outdoor pipes insulated properly to prevent freezing over the winter to having your water heater flushed and tested regularly.
This saves you a lot of time and leaves you with peace of mind. What homeowner wouldn’t want that?
What Should You Expect During an Inspection?
A plumbing inspection done by our plumbing company in Appleton, Wisconsin, will include:
- Discharge and sump pump inspection
- Shut-off valve inspection
- Video camera inspection of your sewer pipes and subsurface drains. Locating any misalignment and cracks and getting them fixed may prevent future pipe blockage or collapse
- Inspection of your tankless water heater or storage water tank. Your water heater will have its pipes and pressure relief valves tested, then get its water temperature checked before it’s flushed.
- An inspection of your laundry room, kitchen and bathroom venting, and drainage systems
- Inspection of toilets, showers, and sinks. Here, toilets will get their filler mechanisms, flappers, and water levels checked
- Examination of any and all exposed plumbing. This includes traps beneath the laundry room, bathroom, and kitchen sinks as well as shut-off valves
- Inspection of the water filtration system
- Checking your hydrants for leaks
Benefits of Having Your Plumbing Inspected
- You get to save water and money by repairing any small leaks before they develop into big issues.
- You lower your risk of plumbing emergencies. However, if an unanticipated plumbing emergency does arise, contact an emergency plumber in Appleton, Wisconsin, for assistance
- Like everything else, plumbing systems have lifespans. Having an inspection done extends your system’s lifespan. Locating any faults in pipes and repairing them will keep your pipes from clogs and leaks, thus lengthening their lifespan
- You can present your most recent inspection report to your Fox Valley plumber, making it easier to fix any issues without spending extra time searching for the sources
- You get to maintain the value of your home. Your plumbing system’s condition plays a very important role in the home appraisal. Well-maintained pipes (with an inspection report as proof) gives you the upper hand in negotiations when selling your house
- You identify pipes that are broken or cracked.
Should I Hire a Residential Plumbing Company?
If you already had your house inspected, but you have noticed leaks, you should contact a professional plumber at Tureks Plumbing Services as soon as possible. Leaks are destructive hence the need to address the issue quickly.
Despite not noticing any problems with your plumbing but you haven’t an inspection done, you should hire a plumbing company for annual plumbing maintenance services. McQuillan Bros, a Minneapolis plumbing company, agrees that this will save you time and money in the long run. If you decide not to get an inspection despite our recommendation to do so, you should be on the lookout for any issues that might arise and draw up a plan on how you wish to handle any problems if an issue arises or something breaks down.
Furthermore, having a home inspector carry out an inspection is no different from you doing it yourself. This is because they do not possess the technical knowledge to advise you on any issues your plumbing may have.
Contact a Fox Valley Plumber
If you have any concerns that you would like addressed, Tureks Plumbing Services can help you with your residential or commercial plumbing needs. Just give us a call today!